Environmental Study of the Sistine Chapel
- Planning, installation and management of a synoptic network of radio sensors for micro-climatic and environmental monitoring and analysis of the flow of visitors.
- Monitoring and maintenance
Study of active and passive protection systems for the artworks– display cases, cabinets and clima-boxes
- The case of Leonardo’s St. Jerome and Vitale da Bologna’s Madonna of the Flagellants in the Vatican Pinacoteca
Transport and movement of works in transit – measurements and analyses of stress factors with the use of special accelerometers.
- The case of the detached fresco Sixtus IV appointing Platina as Prefect of the Vatican Library by Melozzo da Forlì and the transfer in exhibition of Raphael’s Madonna of Foligno, preserved in the Vatican Pinacoteca
Collaboration and layout with a view to preventative conservation
- The case of the Matisse Room in the Vatican Museums Collection of Contemporary Art: preliminary study of the environmental conditions and collaboration in the installation of suitable climatisation and lighting equipment. Monitoring and maintenance of the works in the room and in the display cases
- Micro-climatic and environmental monitoring in the Room of Mysteries, the Room of the Saints and the Room of the Liberal Arts in the Borgia Apartment (Vatican Museums) for the control of eventual risk conditions.